Welcome to the Training Calendar! Here you will find information and links to professional development opportunities offered by the VEIPD Center as well as those offered by other organizations within and outside of Virginia. Professional development activities listed here include workshops, conferences, webinars, online courses, and other events.
Be sure to visit the TIPS (Training Information for Provider Success) Calendar to search for
early childhood professional development opportunities in Virginia and Washington D.C.
Something Extra – Supporting Children with Down syndrome and Their Families
Presenters: Beth Cooper and Tracy Miller
March 4th - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
2014 Kaleidoscope, Levels I and II Training Calendar
Specific dates and locations are typically finalized 8-10 weeks ahead of the scheduled event. It is our hope, however, that knowing which months KI and KII will be held will be beneficial as staff consider their training needs.
March 18 and 19, 2014
April 16 and 17, 2014
Please note that any shared professional development activity requires each practitioner to ascertain relevance to his/her work. No endorsement of any activity not offered through the state Part C early intervention office should be assumed.
- CSEFEL Train the Coach and Train the Trainer with Dr. Rob Corso sponsored by the Virginia Early Childhood Mental Health Advisory Board. For dates, locations, and registration information, contact Kristen Stahr or call 804-828-9920.
- Celebrating All Babies and Tots 2014
Four institutes in four locations during April and May. Click here for more details.
- 17th Annual Virtual Birth to Three Institute Archive
- Center for Early Education and Development (CEED) at the University of Minnesota offers many relevant courses.
- Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute CONNECT Online Courses offers new modules with CEUs including topics on inclusion, collaboration, family partnership and more.
- LEARNING DECKS
A series of webinars held between January and September on numerous topics from DEC. For more details, cost and registration click on the link above.
Consider also checking out online universities that offer asynchronous (learning on your own time),
synchronous (learning with a group at designated times) or a combination of course work.
Options may include:
Walden University, University of Phoenix, and Capella University
- ASQ3 Training the Trainer and Coaching Training Application are currently being accepted. For details, please contact Kristen Stahr or call 804-828-9920.