Welcome to the Training Calendar! Here you will find information and links to professional development opportunities offered by the VEIPD Center as well as those offered by other organizations within and outside of Virginia. Professional development activities listed here include workshops, conferences, webinars, online courses, and other events.
Be sure to visit the TIPS (Training Information for Provider Success) Calendar to search for
early childhood professional development opportunities in Virginia and Washington D.C.
Casting a Wide Net to Support Young Children Experiencing Homelessness
Presenter: Patricia A. Popp
May 6th- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
2014 Kaleidoscope, Levels I and II Training Calendar
Specific dates and locations are typically finalized 8-10 weeks ahead of the scheduled event. It is our hope, however, that knowing which months KI and KII will be held will be beneficial as staff consider their training needs.
Please note that any shared professional development activity requires each practitioner to ascertain relevance to his/her work. No endorsement of any activity not offered through the state Part C early intervention office should be assumed.
- Celebrating All Babies and Tots 2014
Four institutes in four locations during April and May. Click here for more details.
- 2014 ECMH Institute (RESCHEDULED)
- VA ASQ-3 Train the Trainer and Train the Coach Training
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and other neurobehavioral disorders: a brain-based approach
- Feeding Therapy: It's Not Just About Swallowing
- 2014 National Early Childhood Inclusion Institute
For details and registration click here.
- Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) at Kennedy Krieger Institute 14th Annual Autism Conference: Transforming the Future
- Minnesota Early Intervention Summer Institute
- The Routines-Based Interview Certification Institute
- Center for Early Education and Development (CEED) at the University of Minnesota offers many relevant courses.
- Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute CONNECT Online Courses offers new modules with CEUs including topics on inclusion, collaboration, family partnership and more.
- LEARNING DECKS
A series of webinars held between January and September on numerous topics from DEC. For more details, cost and registration click on the link above.
- Foundations for Infant/Toddler Social Emotional Health and Development: Provider Modules
- Development of the Transition Plan-Online Module
- Ask the Authors:
Featured Monograph: Supporting Young Children who are Dual Language Learners with or at-risk for Disabilities
Consider also checking out online universities that offer asynchronous (learning on your own time),
synchronous (learning with a group at designated times) or a combination of course work.
Options may include:
Walden University, University of Phoenix, and Capella University