Supporting Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia Guidance Document
- Early signs and symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Virginia's early intervention process
- Referring young children for further diagnostic testing
- Virginia early intervention supports and services
- Evidence-based practices for working with young children with ASD
- Screening & diagnostic tools for toddlers with ASD, and
- Information on focused practices and comprehensive intervention models
This guidance document was developed as a collaborative effort of the VA Dept. of Behavior Health and Developmental Services, Partnership for People with Disabilities at VCU, Virginia Dept. of Education, Commonwealth Autism Service, the ARC of Virginia, and local Part C early intervention providers.
A 2-page summary of this document is also available. This is a great resource to share with physicians, child care providers and other referral sources!
Click here to download: